Contact Agents About Following
Please refine the search criteria with an appropriate value and search again.
- SK JALAN HAMILTON (0.18 km)
- SMK HAJI ZAINUL ABIDIN (0.25 km)
- SMJK HENG EE (CF) (0.29 km)
- SUNSHINE FARLIM HYPERMARKE (2.24 km)
- TESCO HYPERMARKET PENANG (2.6 km)
Nearest Shopping Malls
- PENANG TIMES SQUARE - BIRCH THE PLAZA (2.45 km)
Nearest Worship Places
- TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH (0.47 km)
- MALAYSIAN BUDDHIST MEDITATION SOCIETY (0.57 km)
- SURAU TAMAN FREE SCHOOL (0.58 km)
- HONG POLYCLINIC (0.42 km)
- SINGAPORE CLINIC (0.43 km)
- SHANTHI CLINIC (0.47 km)
Nearest Food Outlets
- PULAU PINANG CAFE (0.49 km)
- CHENG SIM VEGETARIAN CENTRE (0.53 km)
- SIN KAH POH SEAFOOD (0.81 km)
Greenlane aka Jalan Masjid Megeri is one of the many main roads that exit the vibrant Georgetown. Developing from the 1950s, this once quiet lane cum suburb now houses more than one would expect. Part of its upgrade is the addition of more roads that connect to the area; namely roads Hamilton, Free School, Hargreaves and Pinhom. Rapid Penang service buses go through the strip as well. Furthermore, the area offers places of worship for all faiths. The Trinity Methodist Church and the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, the Penang State Mosque, the Hong Sun Seah Temple and the Malaysian Buddhist Meditation Centre are examples.
Education wise, a few schools have been established in the area since the 60s, they include the Penang Free School (hence, the road of the same name), the Convent Greenlane and two other secondary schools. Although human infrastructure may seem lacking, it certainly does not matter in the grand scheme of things as bordering Georgetown comes with its benefits. The Georgetown area covers all and gives more to what Greenlane lacks. Residentially though, most houses that are said to belong to Greenlane are actually located in Island Park, an area right next to it.