What is the legal procedure in purchasing a house in Malaysia? Would like a step by step process being explain to me.
Posted by Gladys on Mar 23, 2011 | Views 82168 | Category: Home Buying
Lucas Tan Kit Shih replied on Mar 24, 2011:
Simply put, after you have decided to purchase a specific unit it's as below:
1) Place booking of 2 to 3% (ONLY if its transaction with a real estate agent. NOT applicable to DIRECT OWNER deal)
2) You will have 14 days before signing sales & Purchase agreement. Hence you will have to obtain a loan approval from financier in this time frame. (You could actually obtain approval prior to booking if you are unsure of your loan eligibility. However without a booking the owner will sell the property to the next buyer that places booking)
3) You will have to appoint a solicitor to handle the sales & purchase agreement (SPA), do the necessary searches & place a private caveat on the property. On signing of SPA you will have to prepare the balance 10% down payment (deducting the initial 2-3%) for the purchase. In some cases you may need to pay the solicitor professional fees & stamp duty relevant to the purchase at this point (If you know the solicitor they may allow you to pay this after everything is done).
4) If you have acquired a loan then you will also have to sign a loan agreement (LA) once the SPA is signed by both parties & stamped. Take note the LA may be done by a different solicitor & legal charges do apply, unless otherwise specified.
5)At this point the solicitor/solicitors will take care of most of the transfer process. Depending on the property type/title & whether you are a Malaysia or foreigner the process duration may be less than 3 months or more than a year in complicated cases. My advice is to make sure you get a good solicitor that specializes in conveyancing, this is really critical as there are many lawyers around & not all are suitable even thou they can carry out the task.
6) At some point you may need to check on both SPA & LA solicitor or the banks to assure that you loan is drawdown on time as there are late payment penalty involve in the SPA.
7) Once full payment has been made you will have right to the vacant possession of t
Alex Santhira Velu replied on Feb 25, 2015:
A good write-up for your question. http://expatriateadvisory.com/guide-to-purchase-completed-property-in-malaysia/
Lucas Tan Kit Shih replied on Mar 24, 2011:
Sorry, seems like that is a bit too long for the reply section. Anyway hope that answers your question. There are some details in between, but that is the rough idea.
i am looking at Kiaramas Ayuria, any agent has good units to sell?
Posted by Mr. John Shew on Feb 24, 2015 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
Hi, I'm looking to buy a property in KL with high rental yield to invest, can please recommend where to start? I'm thinking condo with around a budget of 500K+. Thank you.
Posted by Mr. mela os on Feb 23, 2015 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
Hey Everyone. Imran here. I'm looking to buy bungalow lot land for any Shah Alam Sek. 7 area or nearby. Budget around RM500K for around +-6000 sqft .pm me
Posted by Mr. Imran Niaga on Feb 19, 2015 | Answers No | Category: Home Buying
Looking for sale..Ria Apartment,Kg Benggali,Bagan,Butterworth. 3 rooms renovated for immediate move in after 1-2months. Budget 180k-190k. Agents please pm me if available.
Posted by Mr. Teoh Yong Hwa on Feb 19, 2015 | Answers No | Category: Home Buying
Hi im looking for house to buy at Melaka.. My budget is 150 to 200K. Please help me
Posted by Ms. suguna seeramalu on Feb 10, 2015 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
I currently working in KL area and would like to search for landed property around 500k for own stay purpose, probably around seri kembangan, puchong, bukit jalil, kinrara, or setia alam area. double stories.
Posted by Mr. Zheng Loh on Feb 9, 2015 | Answers 5 | Category: Home Buying
Hi, I am looking for Vista Kiara condo in KL, Mont Kiara, 1,400 sf at mid floor
Posted by Mr. Steven Ng Y K on Feb 6, 2015 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
Working at PJ area, ...Looking for landed property below 500k for own stay..preferable serdang, puchong, Subang or PJ area..let me know if any available..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb 6, 2015 | Answers 2 | Category: Home Buying
I have a customer looking for office to let, it can be shop apartment at Kuchai Lama, near NSK ard. RM1K+ kindly pm me
Posted by Mdm. Mui Sook Fun on Jan 31, 2015 | Answers No | Category: Home Buying
Dear propertyGuru,Please help find Techeur European banglo2.5 /3storeyPooL&swimming pool+renovate sauna,jacuzzi+mini gym+car garage +from perak. price rm500,000
Posted by Mr. ADRYAN ABDUL MAJID on Jan 31, 2015 | Answers No | Category: Home Buying