What is the legal procedure in purchasing a house in Malaysia? Would like a step by step process being explain to me.
Posted by Gladys on Mar 23, 2011 | Views 76304 | Category: Home Buying
Lucas Tan Kit Shih replied on Mar 24, 2011:
Simply put, after you have decided to purchase a specific unit it's as below:
1) Place booking of 2 to 3% (ONLY if its transaction with a real estate agent. NOT applicable to DIRECT OWNER deal)
2) You will have 14 days before signing sales & Purchase agreement. Hence you will have to obtain a loan approval from financier in this time frame. (You could actually obtain approval prior to booking if you are unsure of your loan eligibility. However without a booking the owner will sell the property to the next buyer that places booking)
3) You will have to appoint a solicitor to handle the sales & purchase agreement (SPA), do the necessary searches & place a private caveat on the property. On signing of SPA you will have to prepare the balance 10% down payment (deducting the initial 2-3%) for the purchase. In some cases you may need to pay the solicitor professional fees & stamp duty relevant to the purchase at this point (If you know the solicitor they may allow you to pay this after everything is done).
4) If you have acquired a loan then you will also have to sign a loan agreement (LA) once the SPA is signed by both parties & stamped. Take note the LA may be done by a different solicitor & legal charges do apply, unless otherwise specified.
5)At this point the solicitor/solicitors will take care of most of the transfer process. Depending on the property type/title & whether you are a Malaysia or foreigner the process duration may be less than 3 months or more than a year in complicated cases. My advice is to make sure you get a good solicitor that specializes in conveyancing, this is really critical as there are many lawyers around & not all are suitable even thou they can carry out the task.
6) At some point you may need to check on both SPA & LA solicitor or the banks to assure that you loan is drawdown on time as there are late payment penalty involve in the SPA.
7) Once full payment has been made you will have right to the vacant possession of t
Lucas Tan Kit Shih replied on Mar 24, 2011:
Sorry, seems like that is a bit too long for the reply section. Anyway hope that answers your question. There are some details in between, but that is the rough idea.
Hi, I am looking for double storey, freehold budget within 550k at puchong, seri kembangan and bukit jalil area. Kindly pm me
Posted by Mr. adamquah chinteik on Nov 20, 2014 | Answers 3 | Category: Home Buying
Hi, I'm looking to buy few units of residential properties within Klang Valley, Melaka and Johor. For investment purpose. - Budget within RM550K - Below market price - with tenancy OR potential tenancy - freehold -...
Posted by Mr. BON J on Nov 18, 2014 | Answers 2 | Category: Home Buying
Hai, My name is Shukry Radzi, I'm a property negotiators with Mohd Nor & Partners (Johor) Sdn Bhd. I have a client looking to buy property in Nusajaya. Therefore I'm calling any property owner or licenced agent to...
Posted by Mr. Shukry Radzi on Nov 12, 2014 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
Dear all, Want to buy , BBK condo @ Klang Block B Kindly pm me ., Property agent (zihui)
Posted by Mdm. tzi hui on Nov 7, 2014 | Answers No | Category: Home Buying
hi all.. im a fresh grad with stable job gettin married next year..planning to have house before getting married.. do u all have house or flat or apartment under 200k (thats all i can afford) in bangsar,old klang...
Posted by Ms. NURUL DALIELA on Nov 6, 2014 | Answers 3 | Category: Home Buying
Hi, I am looking for low/medium cost Flat in JB. Anyone can help?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov 3, 2014 | Answers 6 | Category: Home Buying
I intend to buy a double storey terrace house at JB Taman Seri Austin lake view house type Azolla 2. Anyone want to sell?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct 28, 2014 | Answers 5 | Category: Home Buying
1) Does serviced apartments under commercial title (HDA) subject to GST next year? 2) If I buy a commercial property before 1/4/2015, do I need to pay 6% GST after 1/4/205 in the event that developer does not want to...
Posted by Ms. Ivy Chong on Oct 26, 2014 | Answer 1 | Category: Home Buying
Please if someone can assist to list a few property (new or subsale) near to upcoming MRT. Many thanks
Posted by Mr. ransom kross on Oct 26, 2014 | Answers 5 | Category: Home Buying