6,000 sqft / 557.42 sqm (land)
- SK TAMAN MERAK (2.8 km)
Nearest Worship Places
- TAMBUN TAOISM TEMPLE (0.5 km)
- PENGKALAN BATU KAWAN HINDU TEMPLE (1.69 km)
- PABOI BUDDHIST TEMPLE (2.72 km)
- BUKIT TAMBUN RURAL CLINIC (1.02 km)
- BATU KAWAN RURAL CLINIC (2.25 km)
- BUKIT TAMBUN CLINIC (2.73 km)
Nearest Food Outlets
- JETTY SEAFOOD (0.25 km)
- GEE SENG SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (0.31 km)
- BAGAN PRAWN VILLAGE SEAFOOD (0.34 km)
Batu Kawan is located in Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang. A small fishing village previously known for its rubber, coconut and sugar plantations, it is now in line to be modernized by the state. A start is that it is the location for Penang’s official state stadium, the Batu Kawan Stadium. It will also be one of the end points of the much anticipated Penang Second Bridge, expected to be completed in 2012. With this bridge, the possibilities for the town are endless as its role is to connect the area to main parts of the district.
A huge golfing range is also in the works and is expected to open in 2013. Till then, residents can immerse themselves in its simple quaint village lifestyle with the likes of its local beach, Batu Musang beach and travel from the area to nearby islands by ferry through the Batu Musang jetty, built very recently (in 2004). The area is also famous for its seafood, one of the many coastal islands of Penang to have that title (e.g.: Long House Seafood Restaurant).