The POA addresses concerns such as access to the land for tunnelling works, withdrawal of land acquisition, compensation and judicial review, which some landowners have filed against the government.
The agreement was signed by Chief Executive of MRT Corp Datuk Azhar Abdul Hamid, as well as Dr Arthur Rajaratnam, Jason Ng Kau, Tuan Zuhayati and Yong Cho Joong, on behalf of the 21 landowners.
Datuk Abdul Hamid said that one of the company’s highest proproties is to accommodate the needs of landowners who will be affected by the MY Rapid Transit project, as well as to ensure that the project will be implemented according to schedule.
The signing of the POA showe MRT Corp’s dedication to provide efficient solutions to issues which may hinder the project, he noted.
For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit http://www.homeguru.com.my today.
Search Property News
December 2011 Property News
- Residential property to continue uptrend in 2012
- Berjaya Corp's Q2 profit down 73.47%
- JPO a big hit among Christmas shoppers
- Trinity to settle all debts in 2012
- Malaysia to see slower retail growth next year
- Malaysia to face both ups and downs in 2012
- Malaysian Property Summit 2012 to focus on property values, prices
- Malaysian property developers in S'pore to consider new strategies
- Malaysia's economy to continue progress in 2012
- WCT embark on Ho Chi Minh property venture