May 11, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.myResidents of Bukit Botak will acquire the keys for their semi-detached houses by 20 June 2012.
The Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) has spent RM79 million to construct around 2,300 homes on a 55 ha plot of land, which comprises 1,422 semi-detached houses and 878 apartments and shop lots.
Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim said the state received questions on the project’s status and responded to update the homeowners.
“This 25-year-old problem of resettlement of Bukit Botak settlers has now been solved. The settlers now have new homes and they can buy the semi-detached houses at RM99,000."
“If they do not want the houses, PKNS would buy the houses from them at RM170,000, where they could get a RM71,000 profit,” said Khalid during an on-site inspection.
He said the PKNS had to make way for additional units when the Gombak Land Office discovered that some settlers were not included on the original list.
“These additional settlers were offered low-cost apartments at RM42,000 instead of a semi-detached house.”
“We want to be transparent to all the settlers. My advice to them is to stay at this place as they would not be able to get a house like this for RM99,000 in other areas.”
“If the residents prefer to rename the housing estate, the state government will consider the request,” he said.
The project started in 1985 as a result of the government measure to develop large plots of land into low-cost housing.
To contact the journalist, you may send your message to email@example.com
Search Property News
Browse News By Category
May 2011 Property News
- Citigroup: Malaysia's inflation to speed up in June
- Expats drawn to KL's suburban homes
- Singapore-based Malaysians to help promote MM2H
- SunCity gets top honours at the BCI Awards
- E&O to elevate company profile
- Fiabci urges govt to rein in property prices
- Companies keen to develop prime site near KLIA2
- Dijaya Corp to launch new projects worth RM3.5b
- TA Global launches Azelia Residence
- GPSB-BMMB collaboration to develop exclusive home financing package