Melaka will emulate Melbourne, Australia in imposing the green technology town scheme by 2020, said Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam.
The Chief Minister said the state will establish the Green Building Council, similar to the one in Melbourne, to administer and supervise the application of green technology for all buildings in Melaka.
“Under the council, there will be several categories, such as rivers and beaches, open ground for buildings which would be given ratings by non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in terms of the use of green technology,” he said, adding that he will chair the council which will be officially launched at a later date.
To contact the journalist, you may send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Property News
May 2011 Property News
- SunCity gets top honours at the BCI Awards
- Expats drawn to KL's suburban homes
- Citigroup: Malaysia's inflation to speed up in June
- Singapore-based Malaysians to help promote MM2H
- E&O to elevate company profile
- TA Global launches Azelia Residence
- Companies keen to develop prime site near KLIA2
- Genting to develop Resorts World Miami
- GPSB-BMMB collaboration to develop exclusive home financing package
- Dijaya Corp to launch new projects worth RM3.5b