Publika shopping gallery, one of Sunrise Bhd’s commercial developments, has achieved an occupancy rate of 70 percent, half of which is expected to begin operations by the end of September 2011.
“Our tenancy mix is pretty evenly spilt between fashion, F&B, conveniences and the arts at about 25 percent each,” said Kow Shih Li, Complex Manager at Publika.
The development’s anchor tenant is BIG (Ben’s Independent Grocer) supermarket, which occupies about 50,000 sq ft of space. BritishIndia (Asia) Sdn Bhd and MPH Group comprise the mini anchors.
Kow noted that the rental rates range from RM8 psf to RM15 psf.
“We do not want to create a mall like the rest of the malls you have been to. In trying to differentiate ourselves, we want to create a creative retail space,” said Datuk Tong Kooi Ong, Chairman of Sunrise Bhd.
He added, “The concept of BIG is much more entertaining and activity-driven; the layout and experience will be very different from the other supermarkets. Hopefully this will translate to the entire mall.”
Located within Solaris Dutamas, Publika houses more than 250 shops. It expects to achieve a daytime catchment of 21,000, comprising residents and office tenants, and a residential catchment of 330,000 living within a 10-minute drive.
To contact the journalist, you may send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Property News
August 2011 Property News
- Chinese investors eyeing Sabah property market
- UOA reports solid Q2 growth
- Sime Darby deal to likely benefit E&O more
- MP: Golf course should be relocated to make way for housing
- Malaysia records RM21.3b H1 FDI
- Government appoints Azhar as newest MRT Co head
- HomeGuru announces strategic partnership with Yahoo!
- Trinity Group eyeing prime sites in Klang Valley
- Sime Darby reports RM3.7b full-year profit
- More confidence seen in Iskandar Malaysia now