Nov 27, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.myBy Farah Wahida:
The Klebang area along Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman in Ipoh will be bustling with the various developments slated to be launched there, reported The Star.
Upcoming projects within the vicinity include an Econsave supermarket, Ipoh’s third Aeon shopping centre and various fast food eateries, said Mayor, Datuk Roshidi Hashim.
Along this line, “An agreement has already been signed between Harta Mesra Development and Aeon Co (M) Bhd for the construction of a new shopping centre in Klebang, which will hopefully open its doors to the public by 2014, while construction of the Econsave supermarket is ongoing and is expected to be completed in 2013.”
These projects are expected to spice up the surrounding area, particularly in terms of housing development and business opportunities.
Aside from that, the city council is also planning to build a 4.5km road that will link Meru and Klebang Putra, in a bid to transform areas surrounding Klebang into the ‘second Ipoh’.
“We have gotten the cooperation of three out of five landowners. But we hope the remaining landowners will lend us a hand as well,” he added.
“Klebang has immense potential due to its scenic location as it is surrounded by mountains and limestone hill, which are considered icons of Ipoh.”
Search Property News
Browse News By Category
November 2012 Property News
- Build more eco-friendly buildings, says Chor
- SP Setia to develop 1NIH complex at Setia Alam
- Penang World City illegally promoted on Facebook, says developer
- MoF plan for Pudu Jail site not feasible
- Penang says no to gambling, declines opening casinos
- Second Penang Bridge could beat completion schedule
- Rental boom in the UK
- Will Legoland stimulate Johor's property market?
- Goodbye print, Newsweek goes digital
- Bright future ahead for Iskandar: SP Setia