A unit of Khazanah Nasional’s leisure and tourism arm, Themed Attractions & Resorts Sdn Bhd (TAR), will invest RM267 million to develop and operate two theme parks in the coast of Desaru, Johor.
Dubbed as the Ocean Splash Water Park and Ocean Quest Marine Park, the theme parks are expected to open in mid-2014.
Steve Peet, COO at Themed Attractions & Resorts Sdn Bhd, said, "Ocean Quest is a brand new product. We are in partnership with Dolphin Quest (from the US) for this particular project."
He added that the park, which is based from the concept of Discovery Cove in Florida, will be an educational and interactive marine park that focuses on conserving endangered species.
On the other hand, "Ocean Splash will be an international quality water park" that is "very different from any other existing water parks in Malaysia." In terms of design and theme, it is comparable to that of Typhoon Lagoon in Florida.
However, both theme parks will only occupy three quarters of its current space as the company has reserved space for the extension of the parks or for an additional attraction, explained Tunku Ahmad Burhanuddin, Chief Executive Officer of TAR.
For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit http://www.homeguru.com.my today.
Search Property News
April 2012 Property News
- Time for Singapore investors to consider Vietnam
- UEM shares fall due to minimum price policy
- KL Sentral sees a boom in commercial space
- Hotel industry to remain healthy this year: MAH
- BLand closing deal for South Korean development
- Special preview of Studio Nine happening this weekend
- Luxury properties hampered by loan requirements: Sunway
- TA Enterprise Bhd buying Phuket property
- Medan Kidd Bus Station to be redeveloped
- No plan to control property prices in Malaysia: Government