The 55-storey Setia Sky 88, developed by SP Setia Bhd, is poised to be the tallest residential apartment in Johor Baru upon completion.
According to Ricky Yeo, General Manager of Setia City Development Sdn Bhd, the three-tower iconic building at Jalan Abdullah Tahir will be completed in four years.
"The Setia Sky 88 will be an iconic building in Johor Baru. It is time for Johor Baru to have an iconic building, it will be a gateway to Iskandar Malaysia," he said, adding that "there will be no retail lots in this project as SP Setia wants the luxury service apartment to be very exclusive to its residents."
The first two towers will comprise 588 service apartments while the third tower will have 284 units.
With each unit priced at RM600 psf and a GDV of RM450 million, The Setia Sky 88 would also be the most expensive residential apartment in the city.
Yeo added that the company intends to give an apartment to Malaysians residents seeking to upgrade their standard of living as well as to Malaysians working in Singapore and expatriates in Singapore.
"Customers have been calling us to start looking at The Setia Sky 88, the demand is very encouraging," Yeo said.
The developer also expects strong demand from Singaporeans considering that Sky 88 is near the Johor Causeway and the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex at the Sultan Iskandar Building.
Finally, Yeo noted that unit price at Setia Sky 88 is more affordable compared to house prices in Singapore.
For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit http://www.propertyguru.com.my today.
Search Property News
Browse News By Category
July 2012 Property News
- Najib announces task force to oversee Tun Razak Exchange
- Apartments at Sky Peak Residences now 90% sold
- YTL opens Gaya Island Resort off Sabah
- Protest held for heritage building preservation
- Hua Yang to contribute to Johor's economic growth
- Bangkok prime property prices growing fastest globally
- Malaysia's Smart Village - A global model for poverty alleviation
- 373 units of Parc Regency - Dove Tower (D) launched
- KLIFD to reshape Malaysia's financial setting
- Johor gets new township with GDV of RM3 billion