By Farah Wahida:
Avenue K mall near the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) is set to welcome new anchor tenants next week, including the highly anticipated Global fashion chain H&M, reported The Star.
“A notable highlight would be H&M where their anticipated outlet at Avenue K will possibly be one of the most talked about in the region,” read the mall’s invitation to the media.
The mall has been under renovation in the past few months for its upcoming major revamp. The makeover is being carried out by Singapore’s Synergistic Real Estate Management & Network Pte Ltd, a firm involved in the republic’s Junction 8 and Marina Center, as well as the Great Eastern Mall and Gurney Plaza in Malaysia.
To cater to the “the aspirational population and trend-setters in the Klang Valley”, the improved shopping complex aims to become Kuala Lumpur’s trendiest destination for dining, shopping and entertainment. Once the makeover is complete, it will feature dedicated foyers for fashion, F&B outlets and entertainment.
Although Avenue K mall is located near the KLCC and an LRT station, it has low occupation and foot traffic, with former tenants such as Metrojaya relocating to other shopping complexes.
Given the popularity of H&M, whose Malaysian debut drew strong crowds, the brand’s entry could potentially change the fate of this ailing mall.
Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email email@example.com
Search Property News
May 2013 Property News
- Hap Seng may demerge from property arm
- Countdown to close RM6b Southkey Megamall JV deal
- Developer to hold preview of Melaka project
- Government yet to receive SPAD proposal for MRT Line 2
- Interchange to boost home prices at Bandar Tasik Puteri
- PR1MA doesn't steal property developers' clients
- Mahathir inquires on Jeju Airest City's progress
- Johor welcomes new Renaissance hotel
- CIDB puts control on use of construction materials
- Sarawak gets RM1.4bil to upgrade roads, housing