1 Answer

askguru expert
Replied Jan 13, 2021
Hi there,

With regards to removing name from a property, you are able to do so. For transfers to be valid, the document still needs to be stamped and you need to pay a stamp duty. The tax depends on the value of the property being transferred.

Under the Stamp Duty (Exemption) (No. 10) Order of 2007, there’s no need to pay such tax on property transfers between husband and wife.

The steps in transfer of ownership are also in this guide: https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-guides/guide-legal-documents-memorandum-of-transfer-mot-15910

This article on perfection of transfer/charge could also be helpful for you: https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-guides/your-simple-guide-to-perfection-of-transfer-and-perfection-of-charge-24378

It would be advisable to get a lawyer's advice/assistance soonest to ensure smooth transfers.

Hope this helps.