Serene Heights is an investment option, as it has potential for capital appreciation due to its location.
With an illustrious string of developments under its belt, E&O Bhd now presents The Mews, an up and coming residential development rising along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. The Mews is a serviced residence that marks a monumental collaboration between E&O and Japan’s largest developer, Mitsui Fudosan Residential. With such harmonious partnership, The Mews promises great architectural marvel while interweaving stylish simplicity at its best.
Project Description- The Mews, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
Address: Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Property Type: Mixed
Land Area: 1.3 acres
No. of Towers: 2
No. of Storeys: 32
No. of Units: 256 units
Built Ups: 923 sq.ft. – 2, 619 sq.ft.
Type A 1 Bedroom 923 sq.ft
Type B 2 Bedrooms 1, 271 sq.ft.
Type C 2+1 Bedrooms 1. 459 sq.ft.
Type D 3 Bedrooms 2, 059 sq.ft.
Type E1 Penthouse 3+1 Bedrooms 2, 417 sq.ft.
Type E2 Penthouse 3+1 Bedrooms 2, 619 sq.ft.
- Poolside Lawn
- Squash Court
- Spa Pool
- Resident’s Lounge
- Children’s Pool
- Children’s Playground
- Function Room
- Herb Garden
- Function Space
- Open Lawn
- Private Garden
Selling Price Range: RM 1.6 mio to RM 4.8 mio
Price per sq. ft.: Starting from RM 1, 800 per sq. ft.
Maintenance Fees: RM 0.55 psf.
Expected TOP: 2017
Event/Show Units: The Mews Sales Gallery, Lot 55 Jalan Liew Weng Chee off Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450, Kuala Lumpur. Call 03- 2161 3668
This is an exquisite development and it is evident through the working details from the physical structure to even the logo. As quoted from E&O’s The Mews brochure:
“The Mews’ emblematic logo offers poetic passage into its elegant world: Inspired by the furoshiki; a Japanese wrap traditionally used for gift wrapping and transporting worldly belongings, the logo visually resembles a piece of intricately folded cloth. Its layers form a structured M, alluding to The Mews’ namesake while conveying elegance, simplicity and the feeling of two individual entities coming together as one.”
An iconic residential property in the making. Such lavish persona and grand conceptualisation, The Mews is setting itself apart from the rest of the pack through its impeccable built and sophisticated details. Carefully thought through, The Mews is embedded with intricacies and cultural reflections from both developers.
Steadily on the rise, The Mews is located on a 1.3 acre of land, along with other under construction serviced residence developments and old landed properties. The ‘V’ is certainly taking into shape and can be seen clearly from a distance.
As mentioned by the developers:
“Distinctively sculptural in appearance, The Mews comprises of 256 custom-designed units distributed evenly over 38-storey twin towers. Provocative double ‘V’ shapes top each tower. A glistening new landmark in downtown Kuala Lumpur.”
Facilities here are just splendid. The 6th floor will be hailed as the water sanctuary for residents to escape the strain of their hectic work schedule. The sanctuary consists of spa pool, poolside lawn, pond, a children’s pool and a resident’s lounge. Seeking some peace and tranquillity might help the residents in resisting the pressure and intensity of living in a city centre.
Residents are also able to enjoy KL’s skyline view at the rooftop. It comes with an herb garden, a function space, an open lawn and a private garden. Great place for entertaining guests and even having a surprise romantic dinner for two.
The units here range from 923 sq.ft. to 2, 619 sq.ft. Type A is the smallest unit with one bedroom and one bath. Ideal for single folks or even couples as the space is commodious. The room is graciously big and the bath is equipped with a long bath tub.
Another popular unit is Type B, a two bedroom suite. It comes with two baths as the master bath is equipped with a bath tub. An ideal unit for couples with kids or a small family. Ample of space to get by on a daily basis. The kitchen is tastefully done and provides adequate space to cook up a storm for the family.
Those who are in need of an extra room for extended family members would might opt for Type C or Type D that come with a 2+1 bedroom and a 3-bedroom respectively. An extra room can come in handy when entertaining guests or it can be converted into a maid’s’ quarters. Type D also comes with a powder room for guests and its third bedroom is attached to a bath. Complete privacy for all house members!
Then there’s the glorious penthouse. It comes in two sizes, 2, 417 sq.ft. and 2, 619 sq.ft. It either comes with 3+1 bedrooms or four bedrooms depending on the buyers and tenants needs in terms of space and functionality. It has both dry and wet kitchens as well as a powder room for guests. Each room has its own bath while the master bedroom is attached to a wardrobe area as it can accommodate a mass collection of bags and shoes. Well, the sky’s the limit for many shopaholics who are living in this unit!
All units will be fitted with electrical appliances as well as built-in wardrobes and shoe closets. Units at The Mews will come with balconies that vary in sizes. Besides that, smaller units here will receive one carpark as bigger units will be given two.
On a whole, The Mews offers more than just specially designed units in various shapes and sizes. It caters to the needs of the residents, which consist of single folk right up to those with an entourage.
This prestigious development is situated in an impeccable location of Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. Literally minutes away from the buzzing city centre of Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng serves as an area of banking and great dining. Encapsulating on such success, it is no wonder why high-end condominiums are making their way onto this famed street.
Jalan Yap Kwan Seng can be easily accessed by Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Ampang. It is located closely to AKLEH’s entrance that would lead to various parts of Kuala Lumpur. These include Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Ampang Jaya and Jalan Raja Abdullah as well as Suria KLCC’s basement parking.
The road itself plays a crucial role in connecting working folks to their places of work within KL’s city centre. There are numerous office and commercial buildings located around and nearby. Most of these office buildings are merely minutes away via driving and even by walking:
- Australian High Commission
- Mauritius High Commission
- Menara Ambank
- Hampshire Place Office
- Megan Avenue 2
- Tokio Marine
- Menara Public Bank
- Megan Avenue 1
- Menara Celcom
- Avenue K
- PETRONAS Twin Towers
- Exxon Mobile
- Menara Maxis
Accessibility to great amenities are just at one’s doorsteps. Take a drive along the road and you’ll find yourself encircled by these great amenities:
- Suria KLCC– Shopaholics, this is KL’s shopping haven! Given the prestige of the development, potential residents would be those with means. Having a well-known mall wouldn’t hurt at all. Plus, Suria KLCC is just a short commute away, even by walking!
- Pavilion, Star Hill Gallery, Bukit Bintang and Sungai Wang– This is a shopping district that offers a diverse variation when it comes to shopping. For high-end retailing, residents could head down to Pavilion or even Star Hill Gallery. Bukit Bintang and Sungai Wang, on the other hand, offer cheaper variations of current fashion trend.
- KL Convention Centre– Another important and interesting amenity to have close by. Hosts various events from baby fairs to education expos. The convention centre is also a popular venue for concerts by international and local performers.
- Saloma Bistro – A Malay fine dining restaurant. The existence itself is as a tribute to a string of legendary screen stars from Tan Sri P. Ramlee to the iconic songstress and actress, Saloma, hence the name of the place.
- Prince Court Medical Centre– Among the elites of medical tourism. Prince Court offers the best and the crème de le crème of Malaysia’s finest medical experts. With medical tourism a key strength of the capital, PCMC is an ultimate definition of the industry.
- Royal Selangor Golf Club– Where all the elites of the sport tee off. If you’re an avid golf fan, do look out for Maybank Open as the best golfers from around the world would compete here.
- ISKL– International School of Kuala Lumpur is among the best and popular schools where expats and well to do locals would send their kids. The school will soon relocate along Jalan Ampang Hilir by 2018.
- Sayfool International School– Another international school that offers high quality education with an international atmosphere.
- Eaton House International School– Among the closest international and elite preschools. It is right off Persiaran Stonor, merely minutes away from Jalan Yap Kwan Seng.
- Little Playhouse– A great day care and early childhood education centre that is located minutes away along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng.
Then there’s the food galore along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng! Residents should not overlook the wide-ranging cuisines surrounding the area. Some have even been in business for decades and created a long lasting impression among the KL folks! Among them are:
- Songket– This is among KL’s finest Malay restaurants that aims to elevate the status of Malay cuisine by overcoming the notion of such traditional food as cheap and a commoner’s meal. The restaurant also provides traditional showcases for diners. A great place for expats to taste some well-known local delicacies as well as immersing in the local culture.
- Las Vacas Meat Shop– Meat lovers would definitely give Las Vacas a try. This is where carnivores would feast their craving for fine imported cut of meats from all over the world.
- Restoran Stadium Negara– Succulent seafood dishes right in the heart of the city. Foodies wouldn’t need to travel far to get the best catch as this restaurant has been serving top seafood cuisines for decades. Sweet and sour crab served with steamed buns, chicken marinated in sweet and spicy sauce as well as its famous steamboat offerings are among the restaurant’s best dishes on the menu. By the way, diners would not only be gastronomically feasted but they would be entertained with the mesmerising view of Suria KLCC while dining here.
- Sassorosso– This Italian fine dining restaurant is sneakily tucked within the inner routes of Lorong Yap Kwan Seng. Enjoyable selections of antipasti and pasta along with great wine selection for pairing.
- Delhi Royale– Spices galore at Delhi Royale. This posh restaurant serves one of the best Northern Indian cuisines in KL.
- Restoran Puti Bungsu Batam– Batam is bringing its traditional delicacy to KL. This Nasi Padang outlet has been around for years and has been serving an array of Nasi Padang dishes. But for Nasi Padang enthusiasts, this restaurant is on the higher end of the price pole to compare to restaurants around Kampung Baru and Keramat that serve the same food and quantity for a fraction of the price charged here.
- Restoran Kampung Pandan– It claims to have the best fish head curry in town. And many would echoed the restaurant’s bold statement. A famous mamak restaurant that opens around the clock as it serves up breakfast, lunch, dinner and of course supper. The flow of patrons just never ends.
The Mews is thriving among a stack of concrete construction of high-rise buildings. This seems to be an ‘it’ area as there are a couple of developments that are on the rise. STAR Residences is among those fancy and upscale pads that are making their presence being felt here. A few plots of land have been taken up as well for more high-rise residential buildings. Plus, an Ibis hotel is also on its way along the roads of Jalan Yap Kwan Seng.
Constructions are rapid and aggressive along this little lane. Bottleneck jams and roads being hogged by big construction vehicles are among the common problems here. Yes, getting to Jalan Yap Kwan Seng is now a headache to some but hopefully there will be a regression of heavy vehicles in a year or two to come.
|Name||Land Tenure||No. of Blocks||No. Storey/Units||Selling Price|
|The Mews, Kuala Lumpur City CenterBy Eastern Oriental Bhd. and Mitsui Fudosan Residential(Completion by 2017)||Freehold||2||256 units/ 32 storeys||RM 1.6 mio toRM 4.8 mio|
|Tropicana The Residences KLCCBy Dijaya Corporation Bhd(Completion by 2018)||Freehold||1||55 storeys/ 353 units||RM 1.6 mio toRM 3.7 mio|
|STAR Residences KLCCBy Alpine Return Sdn. Bhd(Completion by 2019)||Freehold||1||57 storeys/ 353 units||RM 1 mio toRM 5 mio|
Rental starts at RM 3000.
Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O)
Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) is a premier lifestyle property development group listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia. The E&O name is synonymous with timeless elegance and discernment, inspired by the rich heritage of our namesake, Penang’s historic luxury icon, the Eastern & Oriental Hotel established in 1885.
Our property development portfolio is spread across four main growth engines spanning major destinations in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor’s Iskandar Malaysia as well as internationally, in Central London. The Group’s property developments range from the 980-acre master planned seafront development in Seri Tanjung Pinang, Penang, to the signature urban chic suites of St Mary Residences in Kuala Lumpur (KL); from the prestigious landed residences of Idamansara and Seventy Damansara in upscale Damansara Heights to the exclusive Dua Residency condominiums in the heart of Malaysia’s capital.
A strong brand position and track record built through the years has paved the way for E&O to forge solid partnerships with industry giants like Khazanah Nasional Berhad and Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd for its 207-acre master planned Avira wellness development in Medini, Iskandar Malaysia and Japan’s Mitsui Fudosan Residential for The Mews serviced residences in the KL CBD.
In its expansion overseas, E&O’s international foray into real estate investment and development is focused within prime locations in London, including Princes House along Kingsway, ESCA House in Bayswater, and a commercial property in Hammersmith.
The Group’s hospitality and F&B division provides a complementary lifestyle component that supports E&O’s core business of developing premier properties with innovative concepts in key locations. This includes the heritage Eastern & Oriental Hotel and Lone Pine Hotel in Penang, as well as the contemporary E&O Residences Kuala Lumpur in the capital’s vibrant city center.
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. (三井不動産株式会社 Mitsui Fudōsan Kabushiki-gaisha) is a major real estate developer in Japan. Mitsui Fudosan is one of the core companies of Mitsui Group.
Major projects included:
- In Tokyo, Mitsui undertook a major redevelopment project in the Nihonbashi district, where group founder Takatoshi Mitsui had his kimono shop during the 17th century, Mitsui also developed the “Gran Tokyo North Tower” office building at Tokyo Station.
- In New York City, Mitsui’s first major project was the 2.3 million square foot Exxon Building(1251 Avenue of the Americas), which it acquired in the 1980s. It subsequently engaged in several other projects in the city together with local partners. It has announced plans to invest up to $1.25 billion in a 51-story office tower as part of the Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project, which would be the largest overseas project by a Japanese real estate company in history.
- In Honolulu, Hawaii, Mitsui owns and operates the iconic Halekulani hotel on Waikiki Beach.
Such an ideal place to live in. Each room and layout serve a function. Rooms are spacious as well as baths are adequate for both tenants and guests. Residents are not bombarded to purchase a lot of furniture and electrical appliances before moving in. The units here are fully fitted with the best and latest electrical appliances from Electrolux. The feature is also extended to shoe closets and built-in wardrobes. Just a couple of suitcases and perhaps one or two furniture, you are ready to move in at The Mews!