Thank you for your interest in investing in a property in Malaysia!
Do note that there are property ownership limits (minimum purchase price), which differs from state to state in Malaysia. So, if a foreigner is looking to buy a property in Selangor, the rules are different from buying a property in Johor.
The minimum price for Selangor is RM2 million, and foreign buyers in Selangor are limited to landed properties with landed strata titles.
We've a comprehensive guide for foreigners wishing to purchase a property in Malaysia. The guide covers the types of properties foreigners can buy, ownership price limits in each state, the steps involved, and more. It's here: https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-guides/complete-guide-to-foreigners-buying-property-in-malaysia-30975
To search for homes, you may use the search bar in this website to look for properties that meet your requirements.
It's easy. Here's how:
1. Key in the property name or area in the search bar.
2. Click on BUY or RENT. Then filter based on the property type, price and/or number of rooms.
3. Click on the search button.
4. You'll be presented with the search results page. Go through the listings, and select the ones which meet your criteria.
5. Contact the agents who posted the units to get more details or set an appointment.
If you prefer to browse on your phone, you can also download the 'PropertyGuru Malaysia' app in the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
Hope this helps, and all the best in your search!
Team PropertyGuru Read More