2 Answers

askguru expert
Hello there mover,

If a tenant's contract has ended, a landlord would expect the tenant to move out accordingly, unless both parties agree to extend. You can move into a new place, assuming that you have signed a tenancy agreement with the landlord of the new house.

For a complete guide on tenancy agreements, take a look at this: https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-guides/malaysia-tenancy-agreement-guide-and-download-9649

Do note that moving is not permitted during Full Movement Control Order, unless there's a change in the current SOP.

Hope this helps.
Lydia Mun
Greetings from Ohmyhome Realtors. If the tenancy agreement expiring as a tenant you should notify your landlord you wish/ do not wish to extend your tenancy. You have full filled the stipulated year of tenancy you have the right to terminate and move out. Finding the right home to rent is often a tedious process. With our technology-driven agent service, you can be assured of a seamless experience as we search for a home that suits your needs. You may contact or whatsapp us at 019-2665593