The name “Wellnessa” was selected as it captures the essence of a new-age development that offers a holistic wellness experience to residents.
Rica Residence, Kinrara KL, is a 32-storey, 2-tower, 475-unit condominium situated on Jalan Kinrara 1, Bandar Kinrara 1. The residential- titled, freehold development is spread over a 6.79 parcel flanked by the Bukit Jalil Highway to the north, Jalan Puchong to the south and Jalan Kinrara 1 by its side.
In its immediate environs are schools, an industrial zone and landed residential properties along with several completed and soon-to-be completed highrise and highrise-cum-villa property types such as KinraraMas and The Andes.
On the one end, Jalan Kinrara 1 will lead to the Bukit Jalil Highway along which you will find Pavilion/ Bukit Jalil City, The Link2, The Earth, and on as well as neighbourhoods such as Kinrara with Giant Hypermart and two LRT stations and over to Puchong Jaya. Over at the other end will be Jalan Puchong, with its rows of shoplots, Bank Street and then, Old Klang Road and KL.
Interestingly, apart from the open-to-public blocks, Rica Residence also has a RUMAWIP block of 800sq ft units priced at RM300K each. The RUMAWIP block has 204 units and registration for these is open until 7th May 2016. To register, go to: https://rumawip.kwp.gov.my/ or call: Unit Pembangunan PPA1M & RUMAWIP, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62100 Putrajaya. Tel: 03-8889 7805 / 7849.
Rica Residence will begin earthworks in Q3 2016. The development is expected to be completed in Q3 of 2019.
Project Name: Rica Residence, Kinrara
Developer: Fajarbaru Land Sdn Bhd (Under Fajarbaru Builder Group Berhad)
Developer’s Address: 61 & 63, Jalan SS 6/12, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Tel: 03- 7801-9698
Sales Gallery: Fajarbaru Land Rica Residence Show Gallery ─ B-23-0, Jalan BK 5A/2D, Bandar Kinrara, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
Tel: 03-8074 9889 Website: Nil (for the moment)
Facebook: Nil (for the moment)
Total Land Area of Duet Residence: 6.79 acres (includes 1 block of RUMAWIP)
Property Type: Condominium
No of Towers/Blocks: 2
No of Storeys: 32 for both blocks
No of Units in Total: 475
No of Units Per Tower:
- Block A – 226 units
- Block B – 249 units
Unit Types and Built Up:
- Type A: 3+2B + Balcony – 1200sq ft
- Type B: 3R + 1 Utility/Maid’s Room + 3B + very long Balcony – 1345sq ft
- Type C (Available in Block A only): 3+1Utility/Maid’s Room + 4B (1 with tub) + Balcony –1565sq ft
- Type D Dual Key: 4+1Utility/Maid’s Room + 5B (1 with tub) + Balcony ̶ 2080sq ft. Dual Key unit has Balcony and Kitchenette/Pantry
No of Units Per Floor: 10 units
No of Lifts per floor: 5 lifts
No: of Car Parks given per unit: 2 | 3 for specific units
Land Title: Residential
Price per sq ft: average: About RM530psf
Price of Units: From RM637
Expected Date of Completion: Q3 2019
- 3-Tier Security
- 2X Olympic Sized Infinity Swimming Pool
- Children’s Pool
- Changing Rooms
- Pavilions and Patios
- Very large Children’s playground
- Landscaped Gardens with trees
- Roof and Sky Gardens
- BBQ Area
- Reflexology Paths
- Tai Chi Court
- Yoga Deck
- MultiPurpose Hall
- Indoor Badminton and Basketball Courts
- Free Shuttle to LRT Stations
- SMK Seksyen 1 Bandar Kinrara
- SJK (Chinese) Yak Chee
- Lai Meng (girls) Chinese School
- International Medical University (IMU)
- University College of Technology and Innovation (UCTI)
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (PU)
- Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
- Many National Primary and Secondary Schools
- Affin Bank
- CIMB Bank
- Hong Leong
- Columbia Asia Medical Centre
- Sunway Medical
Leisure, Retail and F&B
- Giant Hypermart
- IOI Mall Puchong
- Pavilion Bukit Jalil City
- Rev.O Commercial and Office Centre
- The Earth Commercial and Office Centre
- The Link 2 Commercial Centre
- Paradigm Mall 2
- Kinrara Golf Club
- Bukit Jalil Stadium
- Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Resort
Rica Residence is two blocks of condominium + 1 block of RUMAWIP on 6.79 acres of freehold land on BK1. The RM300K, fixed price, 204-unit RUMAWIP apartment, with its own facilities and parking, will be separated from the 32-storey, 475-unit open-to-public condo. There are rules and regulations pertaining to the purchase of RUMAWIP homes. To find out more and to apply, click Unit Pembangunan PPA1M dan RUMAWIP.
This review will focus only on the open-to-public Rica Residence.
Rica Residence Floor Plan Models and Built-Ups
Block A will have 226 units while Bock B will have 249 units. There will be 10 units on every floor served by 5 lifts.
There are 4 Floor Plans for the units, divided into: Type A (1200sq ft), Type B (1345sq ft), Type C (1565sq ft) and Type D (2080sq ft).
Type D is a Dual-Key unit and Type C will only be available in Block A.
An interesting feature of this development is the incorporation of Juliet Windows or Juliet Balconies for many of the bedroom windows throughout the development. Juliet Balconies are 2-in-1 balcony-windows in the sense that they are false balconies because you cannot walk out of them. This type of architectural design is also called a balconet or balconette, named after Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet when Juliet leaned out of her famous bedroom window to speak sweet nothings to Romeo.
The showroom displays the Type B unit at 1343sq ft.
Rica Residence is located on Jalan Kinrara 1, Bandar Kinrara 1. It bears a KL address because of its proximity to Jalan Puchong and Old Klang Road.
Jalan Kinrara 1 is a two-lane road and it is only 1.3km long according to google maps. That Rica is centrally located along this road cannot be denied, if you look at the maps above and the approximate distance below to many of the surrounding amenities.
Rica Residence is:
- 5km or from Bank Street of Jalan Puchong. (The banks are located in a row of shoplots on Jalan TK1/11a)
- 8km from Wet Market, POS Malaysia and Jalan TK1/1 Kinrara’s Gaming Street (for all 4/5/6D betting centres like Magnum, Toto, DaMaCai)
- 4km from Balai Polis Petaling at the start of Old Klang Road
- 7km from SJK © Yak Chee Chinese School
- 500m to SJK (Tamil) Kinrara
- 7km to the Malaysia Cricket Association
- 5km to Giant Hypermart Kinrara 5
- 5km to Kinrara BK5 LRT Station
- 5km to Alam Sutera LRT
- 2km to Kinrara Golf Club
- 2km to SJKC Lai Meng © Girls School
- 3km to Bukit Jalil City
- 5km to Bukit Jalil Golf Resot and Bukit Jalil Recreational Park (via Jalan Kinrara 2)
- 7km to Bukit Jalil Stadium
- 5km to The Link 2, Calvary Convention Centre (via Jalan Kinrara 2)
- 2km to Paradigm Mall and Awan Besar LRT
There is a lot of history behind Kinrara’s development back in the day and much of it is invariably linked to Rica Residence’s exact location. Both Kinrara and Bukit Jalil were adjacent rubber estates that once belonged to one company ─ Kinrara Group Estates Sdn Bhd who later sold off the land. Thus, the growth of these two pieces of real estate is, today, symbiotically linked.
On Kinrara’s development, Island & Peninsular Berhad (I&P Group) ─ the developers of 8 Kinrara, Alam Sutera and much of 1,904-acre large Kinrara actually ─ commenced developing this tract into a housing estate back in 1991. Naturally the first phase was BK1, or Bandar Kinrara 1, where Rica Residence will be situated.
There was only one link road to BK1 in those days and it was via Jalan Puchong ─ the same Jalan Puchong mentioned above ─ before one could enter the development via the 104-acre Kinrara Army Camp road (abandoned now but still stands as a dilapidated landmark of its proud past) on Jalan Kinrara 1. BK1 was constructed with low-cost terrace houses before BK2 double storey terraces began construction, followed by BK3.
Then came the Bukit Jalil Highway in 1995 which boosted Kinrara’s growth to both sides of the highway. The section-by-section developments on Kinrara have gone from BK 1 to BK 9 today with BK 1 to 3 located on the right side of the Bukit Jalil Highway heading towards Puchong and BK 4 to 9 located on the left side of the highway. An underpass links both sides of the whole Bandar Kinrara development.
Let’s take a look at the underpass and head for Rica Residence’s site.
Tour of Jalan Kinrara 1 and Visit to Rica Residence Site
The developer, Fajarbaru Land Sdn Bhd is under Fajarbaru Builder Group Bhd, an investment holding company comprising of many subsidiaries that engage primarily in construction activities in Malaysia as well as manufacturing ready-mix concrete, trading construction materials and property development.
The Group’s origins date back to 1976 when the Group’s core subsidiary, Fajarbaru Builder Sdn. Bhd. (27198-T), was incorporated in Malaysia on 6 May 1976 as a private limited company under the Companies Act 1965 and its principal activities are civil works, building construction and turnkey contractor and building prefabricated works (on contract basis).
Fajarbaru Builder Sdn. Bhd. is registered with Pusat Khidmat Kontraktor (PKK) as a Class A contractor and is also registered with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) as a Class G7 contractor, enabling us to tender for government and private projects of any size. The Group is also registered as a turnkey contractor with Petroliam Nasional Berhad. FBSB is also a certified ISO 9001:2000 company since 2002.
Some of the Group’s completed projects include:
- DESIGN-AND-BUILD OF 5 UNITS SKYPARK HANGAR AT SULTAN ABDUL AZIZ SHAH AIRPORT, SUBANG
- VISUAL DOCKING GUIDANCE SYSTEM (VDGS) AT KLIA2
- SHRIMP FARM, DAERAH SETIU, TERENGGANElectrified DOUBLE TRACK (SEREMBAN TO GEMAS)
- TAMPIN HOSPITAL, NEGERI SEMBILAN (108 BEDS)
- PASIRMAS HALAL PARK, KELANTAN DARUL NAIM
- AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIAL PARK, PEKAN-PERAMU, PAHANG
- LOW COST CARRIER TERMINAL (LCCT) AT SEPANG
- Airfield PAVEMENT FOR PARKING APRON, PENANG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- BUS STATION TERMINAL (ERA SQUARE), SEREMBAN
- EXPRESS RAIL LINK DEDICATED BAGGAGE HANDLING SYSTEM, KLIA
- AIRCRAFT HANGAR, SEPANG
- STAFF QUARTERS AND TRAINING SCHOOL OF RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT, BATU GAJAH
Some of the Group’s ongoing projects include:
- CONSTRUCTION AND COMPLETION OF DEPOT AND TRACTION POWER SUBSTATION (PACKAGE B) FOR AMPANG LRT LINE EXTENSION PROJECT
- DEMOLITION, CONSTRUCTION AND COMPLETION OF 20-STOREY SHAW PARADE, KUALA LUMPUR
- CONSTUCTUON AND COMPLETION OF SEWERAGE TREATMENT PLANT AT LOT 130 (PACKAGE 1), KLANG
- DESIGN AND BUILD OF 11-STOREY OF GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL, MEDICAL SUITE (PHASE 1A), KUALA LUMPUR
- STATION 1,2,3 AND TRACTION POWER SUBSTATION A&B (PACKAGE A) FOR KELANA JAYA LRT LINE EXTENSION
- STATION 1,2 AND TRACTION POWER SUBSTATION (PACKAGE A) FOR AMPANG LRT LINE EXTENSION
In terms of Property Development, the Group’s on-going project:
- In Australia is: Gardenhill Apartments
- And in Malaysia, it is Rica Residence Malacca.(http://www.ricaresidence.com/) Yes, the project bears the same name but it is in Malacca.
The most relevant comparative highrises for the basic figures is probably with the nearest highrise residentials to Rica, like 8 Kinrara by I&P Group and Duet Residence, Kinrara BK6 by Bandar Kinrara Properties Sdn Bhd. These projects are some of the latest in Kinrara.
|Name||Tenure||Unit Size||No of Units||Average Price PSF||Maintenance Fee PSF||Approx Start Price per Unit|
|Duet Residence, Bandar Kinrara||F hold||1029 ─ 3928sq ft||233||RM600 now||RM 0.37||From RM800++|
|8 Kinrara, BK5||F hold||623−1851 sq ft||236||RM600 at launch||RM 0.32||From RM378,888 at launch|
|Rica Residence, Kinrara KL||F hold||1200 ─ 2080sq ft||475||RM530||RM 0.30||From 637++|
As can be seen above, Rica Residence, Kinrara KL is offering one of the lowest psf prices in that part of town. Everywhere else within a radius of 2 to 5km around the project is selling at psf prices from RM600 to as high as RM900 and these prices don’t look like they will be going down anytime soon.
Rica Residence is a low-density, mid to high range condominium with full condominium facilities, modern architecture and other resident-beneficial factors. So, in terms of pricing, this is a value-for-money buy.
In terms of location too, it is very centrally located, being within a stone’s throw from every amenity that one could ask for. Where the LRT or the lack of it is concerned, the developer has been said to be willing to provide free shuttle service to and fro the nearest LRT, about 1.5km away, for residents. So, seriously, as an investor or owner-occupier looking for a project in the Puchong/Kinrara/Bukit Jalil zone, you can’t miss with Rica Residence.
BUT. If you are serious about this project ─ or about any other project for that matter ─ it is best that you visit the site, check out the demographics, see physical evidence and/or black-and-white of what has been promised and put in some elbow grease to all other necessary homework before putting your money down. These are the prerequisites before buying any property anyway.