1 Answer

askguru expert
Hello and thank you for getting in touch with us.

You can contact your lawyer to write in to the vendor or vendor’s solicitors (if vendor is legally represented) to check on the status of the matter. If the clause in your Sale and Purchase Agreement (“SPA”) states that the consent must be given within 3 months from the date of signing of the SPA and the vendor fails to provide the relevant consent to effect the sale of the property it amounts to a breach of the SPA.

Generally, if the vendor breaches the SPA, you as the purchaser is entitled to the remedy of specific performance of the SPA or you can terminate the SPA and the vendor shall refund the deposit paid together with the agreed liquidated damages.

For more information regarding S&P read the article below: -

Hope this helps.