1 Answer

askguru expert
Hi Madam/Sir,

We're sorry to hear of your friend's unpleasant encounter.

Your friend could report it to the agency that he/she is attached with, and also lodge a complain with MIEA (https://www.miea.com.my/file-a-complaint) and/or BOVEA (https://lppeh.gov.my/).

You can also take a look at these articles on the issue of race. There are suggestions on how agents could address it.
- https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2017/5/153233/reasons-why-landlords-ask-about-tenants-race
- https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2017/3/148169/racism-widespread-in-malaysian-property-market

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Team PropertyGuru Read More