If you’re looking for a condominium or apartment for your next home or even as an investment, look no further, we’ve got you covered!
High-rise developments consistently rank in the top 3. The findings indicate that properties bought for the purpose of investment remain the topmost reason for new purchases (they generally have gross rental yields from a little above 2%, to 5%).
With the uncertainty factor surrounding COVID-19, property asking prices have dropped overall. Coupled with the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR) cut for 4 times this year alone, Q3 2020 looks like a good time for a property purchase.
Looking at data from PropertyGuru Malaysia’s ‘For Sale’ listings, we’ve rounded up the most popular areas in Klang Valley, as well as provided a list of some of the best condominiums (in terms of volume of searches).
So, let’s dive in! Your next property purchase could be amongst the top ten below (arranged according to the ascending order of their average Q3 demand)!
1) Cheras (+4.70% quarterly average)
Known as the town with many ‘tamans’, Cheras is straddled between the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Hulu Langat district of Selangor – perfect for those having trouble deciding to live between the two states.
- Venice Hill: This development offers up the best of both worlds with its flourishing greeneries from the nearby rainforest, as well as a magnificent view of KL city centre.
- Suasana Lumayan: Strategically located, it's highly accessible into KL city centre. Completed in 2015, Suasana Lumayan provides modernised facilities and security systems.
- Cloud Tree: For those of you seeking something on the higher end, Cloud Tree condominiums might just pique your interest. Located in the affluent neighbourhood of Persiaran Damai Perdana, residents are pampered for choice with selections of in-house facilities.
2) KL City (+6.33% quarterly average)
Needing no introduction, KL is most definitely a confluence of multicultural modernity. With its skyline of skyscrapers, its historical monuments and street markets, KL is a wonder – experienced from above and below.
- One KL: The strategically located development features duplex units as well as a 3-tier security system around the property.
- Setia SKY Residences: This beautifully designed serviced residence contains world class facilities.
- Pavilion Residences: The Pavilion Residences oozes luxury, and its location in the heart of KL gives residents unmatched accessibility to a myriad of amenities.
3) Bukit Jalil (+7.5% quarterly average)
Trivia! Did you know that the Bukit Jalil National Stadium is the largest stadium in Southeast Asia, and is open to the public? In addition, the district is accessible via four major highways and several LRT stations! Talk about being well-connected.
- Bukit OUG Condominium: This beautifully designed development is a great addition to the KL property arena, making it an ideal investment feature for you.
- The Z Residence: Another great high-rise condominium for families, The Z Residences was developed with convenience and accessibility in mind.
- The Havre @ Bukit Jalil: Features a cheaper entry point for a larger build-up – The Havre prides itself on its five-star facilities.
4) Damansara (+8.17% quarterly average)
Before becoming a bustling town with multiple variants to its name, did you know Damansara was originally a small harbour-like settlement near the Damansara River?
It was used as a jetty by the British as a final destination for steamboats to travel into KL. And it's no surprise as Damansara is home to several affluent residential areas, well-established infrastructures and an array of amenities.
- Palm Spring: Palm Spring’s strategic location enhances it accessibility, giving its residents an easy access to the abundant amenities in its surrounding.
- Damansara Foresta: With over 3,000 trees planted to aid landscaping, Damansara Foresta provides a perfect tranquil setting with unrivalled panoramic sighting of the KLCC skyline.
- Metropolitan Square: This mixed development comprises of condominiums, as well as commercial shops and offices, is in a prime location with easy access to major roads and highways.
5) Puchong (+8.33% quarterly average)
Fun fact: The Ayer Hitam Forest Reserve is the only remaining green lung in Puchong. Hiking at the forest reserve is very popular over the weekend with families.
Due to its strategic location, the property sector in Puchong has boomed over the years but is still more affordable than those in Subang and PJ.
- The Wharf Residences: Recognised for being a major residential hub in an up-and-coming area, this development is equipped with modern facilities and has excellent accessibility to major highways into KL city centre.
- E’Island Lake Haven @ Puchong: Upon completion in 2023, this lakefront development will give residents a 360-degree view of breathtaking lakes. Units will also be furnished with four air-conditioning units, kitchen fittings and wardrobe!
- Koi Tropika: Koi Tropika provides modern living with an abundance of convenience, with easy accessibility in and out of the city centre.
6) Kajang (+9.23% quarterly average)
We say Kajang, you say ‘satay’! But apart from being synonymous with satay, did you know Kajang was founded in 1807 as a small settlement after the Klang war, also called the Selangor Civil War?
Today however, Kajang is seeng an increased demand for housing, and excellent connectivity – being home to three MRT stations, and several highways links. Getting in and out for satays couldn’t be easier!
- Sutera Pines: If you want to live outside the hustle and bustle of a big city, then Sutera Pines is for you. Nestled among verdant greenery, this place is perfect to unwind while enjoying the scenic and tranquil views.
- Alstonia Residence @Bandar Sungai Long: When completed in 2022, Alstonia Residence will feature premium facilities for its residents. It’s strategically located for easy access to the surrounding amenities and major highways in and out of the city centre.
- Juta Mines: For those on a moderate budget, Juta Mines is for you. Suitable for families, this development is in close proximity to major hospitals in the area, and features a pool plus a fully equipped gym.
7) Shah Alam (+10.00% quarterly average)
Apart from being home to the largest mosque in Malaysia – the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque, Shah Alam is also known for its outdoorsy activities.
You can get your adrenaline rush at Skytrex Adventure, have fun in the sun at the water park, and even go horseback riding. Being the capital of Selangor, it's well connected with a wide range of highway networks, making commuting in and out of the city really easy.
- DIAN Residency: If you're a young urbanite looking to settle down, DIAN is for you. Upon completion in 2023, this contemporary development will feature five-star water facilities, with living spaces designed with absolute comfort.
- Ken Rimba Condominium 1, Shah Alam: Considered a great addition to the Selangor property market, this development makes for an ideal investment. It prides itself on its facilities, and is easy accessibility via major highways.
- Sri Alam Condominium: This lush green haven comes with an affordable price tag. Popular among families, this development features various facilities, ensuring convenience.
8) Subang Jaya (+12.43% quarterly average)
Subang Jaya has been a self-sustained urban hub in the Klang Valley for a long time, and even carries the title of 'foodie haven' thanks to the countless eateries that have popped up. It recently had a promotion – it finally achieved city status!
- Subang Parkhomes: Spend time with family and friends in the beautifully developed landscape of Subang Parkhomes. Set in an excellent location, you’re only a stone’s throw away from hospitals, universities and malls.
- Saujana Residency: Saujana Residency was developed with accessibility in mind. With easy access to highways and close proximity to the LRT, this development is another great addition to the Selangor property market.
- Pandora @ Tropicana Metropark: Unique for its specially-crafted greenscape design, Pandora seems like slice of heaven. Its features includes an infinity pool, rooftop garden, and even a central park with waterfront features.
9) Petaling Jaya (+18.3% quarterly average)
Did you know PJ is also known as the twin sister of KL, and is Malaysia’s very first planned town? Due to its proximity to KL, PJ remains the popular choice among city dwellers.
In addition, PJ is also a shopping mall paradise (with over 5 major malls), has some of the best educational institutions (more than 20 colleges and universities), and is a great place to indulge your inner foodie!
- Riana Green Condominium: This budget-friendly development is in high demand from buyers. With easy access to malls, LRT stations, hospitals and schools, Riana Green an opportunity not to be missed.
- Empire Damansara: If you’re looking for a trendy property to fit into your young executive lifestyle, Empire Damansara is for you. The development is designed to target business and lifestyle needs, and offers plenty of nearby amenities.
- Armanee Terrace II: Located beside a green lung parkland, you can now breathe easy (literally)! Units were built with a garden concept in mind, and designed to inspire relaxation and recuperation.
10) Klang (+31.03% quarterly average)
Fun fact: This royal town ‘Bandar Diraja Klang’, was the former capital of Selangor. Steeped in history thanks to its ports (which still remains the 12th busiest in the world), it was a major lifeline for the country. Today, it's appeal lies in scrumptious dishes such as bak kut teh and fresh seafood.
- Regency Condominium: Another budget friendly development, Regency is easily accessible via the major roads.
- D’Haven Condominium: This development provides easy access via major highways. Its close proximity to schools and hospitals make this D’Haven a heavenly investment.
- Perdana Villa: A budget friendly property, with basic facilities, Perdana Villa is perfect for new families.
No matter if you’re looking for a place to call home that gives you greater convenience and inclusive facilities all in one place, or simply looking for a future investment, then a condo is the thing for you. Read more on the 10 Considerations To Pick The Best Condo/Apartment For You, so you're better prepared when the time comes for you to decide!