4 Answers

askguru expert
Hello there,

The previous responses are all great advice.

To add on, here's what you could do:
1. Get your “property title details” - usually found in the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA), or loan documents. You can also request for it from the lawyers who helped you with the transaction.
2. With the property title details, make a police report that you have lost your original property title.
3. Particulars such as the property owner’s name & identity card, postal address of the Property of the lost title, and the title details must be correct and mentioned in full, so that the Land Office does not reject the police report.
4. The police report must be certified true copy.
5. Prepare a statutory declaration for the missing Original Title. Then, get it affirmed with a commissioner for oaths and stamped at Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN).
6. Perform an official land search with the Land Office.
7. Submit the police report, the statutory declaration, latest paid quit rent, latest paid assessment receipt, a certified true copy of your identity card and a nominal fee for the application at the Land Office.

The cost for a replacement varies between states in Malaysia. This does not include the disbursement and the legal fee that your lawyer shall charge for their services.

For more info on titles, do refer to these:


All the best in getting your land title. Read More
  • SV
    Would she have to go to a police station nearest the said property or can she go to any police station?
Norlela Abdul Rahman
You may go to the land office, Our expertise : Profesional HELP you in ✅ Selling ✅ Renting ✅ Leasing ✅Managing property ✅Buying Property : Residential/ Commercial/ Lands etc Why you MUST choose us ⁉⁉⁉⁉ ✅ We are experts in given professional advice for you ✅All documents are legally accordingly to procedure ✅We filter your prospects buyer and tenant to ensure only QUALITY tenant and buyer are selected ✅We take off your headache for such transactions ⌨LIKE our Page for FREE property tips https://www.facebook.com/MyPropertyBuddy/ Read More
David Wong Lai Kwong
You will need to go to the land office to understand the process and documents needed to apply for a replacement copy of title deed. You may have to declare or make a report that you have lost your copy. David Wong (E2097) Mobile: +60193330573  QUANTUM REAL ESTATE - E(3)1320 Read More