Sepang International Circuit to Have an Entertainment Hub

Mangalesri ChandrasekaranJune 21, 2016

 

A 260-hectare undeveloped land along Sepang International Circuit (SIC) could be one of the major drivers to boost the Malaysian economy as SIC has big plans for the development.

Previously, the masterplan of the circuit includes a theme park to promote it as an entertainment city. But the plan has been revised and now there are plans to include a zone for live music and concerts, as well as other nightlife activities. The goal is to make SIC more than a place for motorsport activities.

Besides that, almost 47% of the 260-hectare land has been allocated for the development of a commercial park, hotel development and a safe driving centre. Meanwhile, the remaining 53% of the land is allocated for the entertainment hub.

The Mitsui Outlet Park and KLIA Aeropolis in the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) would also compliment SIC in its long-term plan. Its close proximity to KLIA will further benefit the plan as this would create an appealing factor for the public and also entrepreneurs who might consider starting up their business here in the future.

“SIC would be lively 24/7 and will be the place that crosses people’s mind when they think about going out for some leisure time, whether it is day or night,” added SIC CEO Datuk Razlan Razali.

The hotel development is expected to commence in Q1 2017.

Image: Sourced from skyscrapercity.com

 

Mangalesri Chandrasekaran, Editor at PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact her about this or other stories email mangales@propertyguru.com.my

POST COMMENT

You may also like these articles

Why this is the place for hassle-free short distance and long haul travel

  At Kuala Lumpur Sentral CBD, it’s easy to get in and out of the country. There’s really no other place in Malaysia that is so well planned when it comes to both short distance and long h

Continue ReadingJune 17, 2016

Major Banks to Back up Bandar Malaysia's Fund

  With an asset base of more than US$13 trillion (approximately RM53.39 trillion), eight banks - four international and four local banks have set up a new fund aimed at financing the Bandar Ma

Continue ReadingJune 17, 2016

Property Report Congress 2016 series is coming to Kuala Lumpur

  The Property Report Congress Malaysia 2016, the country’s biggest real estate conference where Asian real estate leaders meet, will be held on 11 August from 10:00 to 16:00 at the InterCon

Continue ReadingJune 20, 2016

IOI City Mall gearing up for a new space

  Strategically located malls, like the IOI City Mall, still attract customers despite the sluggish retail property market. Commenced in the year 2014, the mall with a net lettable area of ove

Continue ReadingJune 20, 2016

Feedback