Sunsuria Teams Up With Chinese Builder To Expand Construction Business

Pavither 29 Jun 2017


In a bid to improve its building capabilities and boost its revenue, Malaysian developer Sunsuria Bhd has partnered with China’s state-owned Citic Construction Co Ltd, reported the New Straits Times.

In line with this, their fully-owned subsidiaries — Sunsuria Builders Sdn Bhd (SBSB) and Citic International Investment Ltd — have formed a joint venture company in which the former will hold a 49 percent stake, while the remaining 51 percent will be owned by Citic.

Under the deal, Sunsuria will be Citic’s sole partner for all of its construction projects in Malaysia. In return, the joint venture has a right of first refusal to Sunsuria’s construction projects not related to its property development business.

“We believe this joint-venture will enable both parties to maximise our strengths towards great achievements and contribute significantly to Malaysia’s economic transformation,” said CITIC Construction Chairman Chen Xiaojia.

He also pointed out that Malaysia is globally recognised as a market with high-potential that plays a key role in the Beijing government’s One Belt One Road policy.

According to Sunsuria Executive Chairman Datuk Ter Leong Yap, the alliance with Citic reflects their continuous pursuit of sound financial growth and greater business expansion.

“In Citic Construction, we have found a business partner who not only shares our commitment towards integrity and reliability in business, but one that boasts of vast experience and technical expertise, financial strength, and a strong support network.”

The collaboration would also enable Sunsuria to take advantage of Citic’s robust financial strength and its proven track record in building large-scale developments.

Furthermore, the partnership follows Sunsuria’s recent purchase of Prosperspan Construction Sdn Bhd, which has been renamed as Sunsuria Asas Sdn Bhd (SASB) and will provide local support to the joint venture with Citic.


Some of Sunsuria’s developments include:
Suria Hills
The Forum Sunsuria
Sunsuria Residence
The Olive


Image sourced from Sunsuria


For more information on new homes, check out PropertyGuru’s New Property Launches and Project Reviews.


You may also like these articles

Sunsuria's upcoming Korean-themed project in Selangor

  Malaysia’s Sunsuria Bhd has teamed up with Taiwan-based Welcome Global Co Ltd for the construction of a Korean-themed integrated project at Sepang in Selangor. Dubbed as Sunsuria Provence

Continue Reading2 Jun 2016

Bicycle Sharing Programme Initiated in Sunsuria City

  Sunsuria Berhad is introducing a Bicycle Sharing Programme in its flagship development Sunsuria City, a 525-acre freehold integrated township which has an estimated gross development value (

Continue Reading23 Aug 2016