Former Federal Territories minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Mansor should be thoroughly investigated for transferring land in Taman Desa that have been originally set aside from public amenities, according to the Protect Taman Desa coalition, which have filed a report with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) on Wednesday (16 May), reported the Malay Mail.
The land formerly owned by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) was transferred to Yayasan Wilayah Persekutuan and private developers based on public records.
“Following discussions with DBKL with regards to the complaints of overdevelopment in Taman Desa, the residents decided to file the report when it was discovered that two parcels of land — one gazetted and designated for Community Centre, and another for Public Library and Park — have been transferred to private developers for the development of affordable homes program (Rumawip) and an upmarket condominium respectively,” said the group’s media coordinator M. Gunasekar.
“The land designated for Taman Desa Community Centre was previously used by Seputeh UMNO branch for its own activities. It is not known how Umno managed to secure the land for its activities.”
The latest report filed was the second one submitted to MACC by residents of Taman Desa over allegedly anomalous public land conversion.
Last November, 78 Taman Desa residents submitted a report against the conversion and sale of DBKL land to a private developer over an upcoming condominium known as The Address. They revealed that city hall approved increasing the area’s population density from 60 to 650 people per acre.
In particular, residents want MACC to look into how The Address site was allowed to be sold to a developer, even though it was formerly gazetted for power utilities in the prior Kuala Lumpur Master Plan and a green lung in the unpublished Kuala Lumpur Master Plan 2020.
“The transfer does not take into consideration the appropriateness for development. The value of the transaction is also not known,” said Protect Taman Desa coalition chairman Frank Yeh.
Thus, he is urging the new Pakatan Harapan government to temporarily halt construction works of all projects in Kuala Lumpur and review the feasibility studies of each project.
Image sourced from Malay Mail
This article was edited by the editorial team of PropertyGuru. To contact them about this or other stories email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit the New Launches or Project Reviews page.